Thursday, July 22, 2010

5 Weeks Old and Grown..

So-


My worst fears have come true. Well, not exactly my "worst fears" but



1. I swore I would never want to be a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). I want to be a SAHM. Most days. It's mostly fleeting thoughts like when she is being cute, or snuggling with me, or cooing her cute baby coos. Other rare times when I can't wait to go back to work, I think of nursing and mommy parallels (i.e. wiping patient vs. baby butts). Let's face it, though. Baby butts are way cuter than adult rears.



2. I swore I would never become one of those women who lament over the fact that their child is growing. That is the point. You should be GLAD your baby is growing. I have become one of those women. I was looking at Maddy today and realized the size she is now would NEVER be able to get out of my body. And I was sad that she was growing. Pleased that she now has countable fat rolls on her legs and her tummy is pooh-bearesque, but sad.


3. I swore I would never use the baby swing to "trick" baby into falling asleep for my convenience. I totally have done that this week. It pretty much is the only way I'm guaranteed a shower before Jason comes home at 6 pm. She used to hate the swing, but I think that's because she realized I was trying to trick her. Now, she has given in to the motion and the bird noises that squawk annoyingly from the speakers and she decides "I'll give it a try." At least I limit the time to only 30 mintues. Max.



Maddy went on a week long vacay to a gorge lake house in Cordele, GA this past week. It was a nice break for Jason and I but we definately were kicking ourselves when we got back home. I didn't realize pre-vacation that Maddy actually does in fact have a schedule. A schedule that got WAY off by being on vacation. Not to mention the fact she got super spoiled by her grandparents and aunties.



This week, the drill seargent Mommy attempted to get Maddy back into actually sleeping on her own vs. in people's arms. And tried to re-establish the fact "it's okay to put yourself to sleep!" Monday and Tuesday were ROUGH. No sleep at night. None for Madelyn either. However, a firm believer in "good things come to those who wait," Maddy has slept for 4 hours at a time 2 nights in a row. Big girl. Sniff.


This week we have gotten lots of smiles. LOTS. Not just sleepy-dreaming-gassy smiles, but totaly prompted with goofy noises and blowing on tummy and feet, and making complete fools of ourselves as we stand over the changing table speaking baby language to our smiley baby.




We're in love. =)

















































1 comment:

  1. Aawww. I love the picture of you giving her a kiss. Yeah, she was getting held a lot on that vaca, wasn't she? Hee Hee. No pics of grandma spoiling her. . . phew! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Jacksonville
Jace, Steph & Maddy. And 2 dogs. Happy, healthy and hopeful living this wonderful thing called life.